Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the default value of Notification Packages in registry on Windows 10 Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyH1

Programmer
Jan 11, 2004
GB
I upgraded my lenovo T420 to Windows 10 professional

I keep getting an error

The password notification DLL C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\BtwProximityCP.dll failed to load with error 126. Please verify that the notification DLL path defined in the registry, HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages, refers to a correct and absolute path (<drive>:\<path>\<filename>.<ext>) and not a relative or invalid path. If the DLL path is correct,

which apparently is quite common on Lenovo's. I would like to remove the entry for BtwProximityCP.dll as its not on my machine, and I have disabled Bluetooth and never use it, however I am nervous about simply setting:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages

to null or deleting it as I gather it is to do with password change

I wonder if anyone can advise me what the default value for this entry is?

I think it might be 'FPNWCLNT RASSFM KDCSVC scecli' which it seems to be on other O/Ss but want to confirm on Windows 10 pro

Is there anyway of removing it through the administration tools > Local Security Policy, arther than messing with the registry? - I looked in this but couldn't see any mention of BtwProximityCP.dll

On my Windows 10 64-bit machine, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa, the value for Notification Packages is scecli, (and only scecli) it is a "Reg_Multi_SZ" type value.

What happens if you create and test with another Windows user rather than your current user?

Create a user account Windows 8.1 or 10

Is it possible for you to remove, uninstall the offending software and then to download it once more (perhaps an updated version) and install it once more?

Thanks linney, that setting seems to work fine. I found the error was being caused by some leftover code in Task scheduler which I also removed. The error is now gone
Thankyou for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back