Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the best way to backup an Opt 81c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmohr

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
US
What commands are used to backup an Opt 81c? Is it LD 43 edd?

Thanks in advance!

To back up or Data Dump to the local drive yes.

EDD will back up hard drive and floppy drive.
BKO can be used to just back up to floppy, I like it if you need multiple copies of floppy back-ups.

what i do every day, 7 am,
ld 43
edd
ld 135
scpu
ld 43
edd, then change the disk. i have 10 disk, a pair for each day of the week. that would let me restore the customer data to any point in the last 5 working days..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What can you do to backup another site, with no one to switch out/remove disks or flash cards? Or do you have to make someone on site take responsibility for that?

Just wondering... I'm trying to manage multiple systems from afar with little skills at the sites.

With the steps John mentioned above, you will have two hardrives and 2 floppies backed up - you would need someone to change out the floppies if you want to store in secure location.

Option 11c you can do BKO to PCMCIA card in slot b or archive in slot a or XBK over a modem link to save backups.

my office is in the switchroom, and each days disk are in a fire proof container

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

at distant switches, i do a backup once a week and change disk on every site visit. taking the old disk with me. it's not as safe but it's doable. i have had i t people do disk change but not a great thing. i also keep a backup of all opt's on my hd and in the file

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back