Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the Best IT Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tragdor

MIS
Jun 14, 2002
US
I want to keep up on new trends and developments in the IT industry, and I want to know everyone's opinion on a good trade magazine for IT professionals. I really prefer something in print. Can you all let me know what you read/prefer, and why?
Thanks!
Rob

I always liked PC Magazine.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Go to your local bookstore and check out which one fits your interest the most. There are all types tuned to different types of reader. Be warned, they are outdated material compared to what's on the web.

Ditto what dennisbbb said regarding outdated info and double that for pricing. Don't believe any price in any printed magazine. Check online instead.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

I always check It combines a bunch of pipelines together so you get the best/what you're interested from a bunch of magazines.

Also I kind of like Wired. It's more graphic oriented, but tekkie non the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back