Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the best export? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caren

Technical User
Aug 12, 2000
US
What is the best way to send a report via e-mail? I am using Crystal 7.0 The receiver does not have crystal. If I export to Excel 8 the logo doesn't go. Do you know why? It is a .jpg file. So I have been exporting to Excel 7. Totals sometimes end up in weird places. Do you know why? What is Excel 7 (extended)? Is it supposed to convert my totals to Excel formulaa? It doesn't. I have exported to word with good success too but the user can't do much except read it. What, in accountant's terms, are the other export formats? What are they good for?

If you want the report to appear exactly as it does in Crystal Reports I've found the distribution expert is a pretty good way of distributing reports.

If you use the wizard its pretty straight forward and you end up with a list of files to send to your recipient. Best way to see if its any use to you though is to give it a try.

Cheers

Marc

I have been using the "Rich Text Format" and Microsoft Mail (MAPI) with good results.

I know most would disagree, but I have found the Pdf Export very helpfull.

I noticed that the Report and Page headers does not change from page to page (Repeat the 1st page's headers again) when exporting to Word, HTML, Excel...

So I have include the headers in the Group. I am using CR6. Any suggestions.

Zoma,
Crystal treats most exports as if they were one page, and allows the pagination to be managed by the receiving application. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Hi,
I have a Crystal Report displayed on a web page.
I want to select a series of such reports and
merge them into a PDF. Is there any tool to
accomplish that ?
Regards,
Vivek.

This might be better as a separate question, rather than as a follow-up on an existing question. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Ken,

I am able to export to PDF on my development Computer, but on my Clients' Pcs pdf does not even appear as one of the export options. The vb app on their systems was installed with crystal 7 files. I copied the crxf_pdf.dll into the Winnt/System32 folder and copied the Craxdrt.dll for version 8.5 into the same folder and still I get no results.
I also copied and registered exportmdeller.dll and crtslv.dll into the sytem32 folder.

I do not use the RDC of Crystal, I use the Activex Control. I have searched and searched the knowledge base articles, but nothing I tried has worked.

Any help?

Acrobat/PDF gives away the software needed to read its files, so your client needs just to look up and download software that will be useful for lots of other stuff.

Acrobat used a clever marketing strategy, they make their money from software needed to create pdf files, which are much more useful because they are available to all.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back