Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the best Backup System for Server environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zawyenaung

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2008
MM
hay fri,

i have 2 file server (window 2003) and more than 60 PCs (window XP). now backup system is currently running on NTBACKUP. i want setup the new back up system. what is the best for me? one of my fri told me that the Symantec Backup Exec is great. is it right? any other can i used for the best?

thanks

It's been discussed before,Symantec Backup Exec and Arcserve and some new MS one

The best one is the one you know and know how to use effectively. If it doesn't do everything you need then you need to find a product that does. Symantec BackupExec is almost a Standard, but it's made by Symantec (a HUGE negative in my opinion). Then there's ArcServe, and several other products, big and small.

Before we can suggest what might be best for you, we need to know what you might want to backup? Do you want to backup the clients (I hope not). Do you have Exchange? Do you need Bare metal restore ability? What do you need - and what can you spend. NTBackup is built in and free... Backup Exec with it;s options is NOT inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back