Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is the best antivirus for Microsoft server2003 and XP environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

zawyenaung

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2008
MM
hi fri :)

i have 2 domain controller servers which are Window 2003 R2 and more than 50 client which are window XP SP2. I want to setup the security suite (example, antivirus, antiispyware). I also want to control the all client by the server only. which is the best security suite for my system?

thanks

McAfee and Symantec both have centrally managed AV products. Both have their strong and weak points. I find Symantec easier to tell at a glance the status of the clients.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

TRendmicro NeatSuite Advanced. This is the ost efficient Security software and software firewall i know today. You can also use a physical firewall for added security, but i am 99% sure that Trendmicro Advance software will definetly lockdown everything.

Includes following...
1. InterScan Messaging Security Suite Standard
2. InterScan Web Security Suite Standard
3. ScanMail Suite For Microsoft Exchange
4. OfficeScan Client/Server Edition
5. Control Manager Enterprise Edition
6. Outbreak Prevention Services

You will not be unhappy at all. Symantec is a pain in the....Every company i have used this with it has been a muscle for me and the last admins that ever used it. If you have ever used the personal addition, you already know what it is capable of.

Do not pray to have an easier life, pray to be a stronger man!!!

B.S. Computer Information Systems
Masters of Information Technology in Network Security
CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+
MCSE: Security

MCITP: Exchange Server 2007 (Pending)
MCITP: Server 2008 (Pending)
MCTS: Windows Vista (Pending)

I would second the Trend Micro products, much leaner and better difinitions in my opinion. I have been using it for five years now and it is the easiest to manage with the least amount of issues. It just plain works and works efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back