Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is "eglEClientCommandWnd" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickalty

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
US
Hi everyone. I have started seeing an error that the above program - "eglEClientCommandWnd" - is not responding when I shut down Windows 98SE. Can anyone tell me what this is, and how do I stop these errors ? The program does not show up in my task manager when the computer is running.

Thanks,
Richard

This is the only thing remotely close.....
R U using this service...?
look in Add/Remove in Control Panel for a program you don't need/aren't using and remove.

Nothin on MS
Nothin on Google
unless it's a randomly named spyware or virus

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

Hi there, thanks.

No, I've checked in Add/Remove Programs and it doesn't seem to appear there. Nor does it show up in Task Manager. I also searched the web for reference to it, and couldn't find anything there either - which is why I asked here, at the all-knowing font of wisdom and knowledge :)

Thanks anyway,
Richard

Okie Dokie then
(I sent you to that site cause it looks like somethin from a Network and/or EGL Email Client Command Window)
Try this;
go here and d/l
read the page on how to use...simple
This program is a kill all end all like SpyBot Search and Destroy also
These programs are a must anyway

First look in
(Right click the Start button....Open)
C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
What programs are there?
Anything don't look good or even if it does.... make a new folder in
C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs called "Disabled Startup" drag it into the new folder you just made

Second
Start>Run MSCONFIG
Startup Tab
You can uncheck each box of something that doesn't look kosher, click OK and it'll ask to restart for changes to take effect.
Once you restart......try to shutdown(see if same error occurs....as these "unchecked" items will mean they never load.(until you "check" the boxes again)

Go
Start>Run REGEDIT
go to these keys and look for reference to the offender.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-
(the last above key will contain anything you "unchecked in MSCONFIG/Startup tab)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

It also seems like an internet connection is open and windows doesn't like that.....
You know there may be a "service" or "process" running
that is NOT going to "look" like that error.

R U on DSL or cable modem?
R U on a Network ?
and what's your Primary Network logon in Control Panel>Network?

Have you changed anything at all lately, and then this started happening.....?

TT4U

Notification:

Well
It seems it's an XP Remote Command....
just found it so , I don't know if it's Spyware yet and someone's been accessing your files

I'm reading now.....

TT4U

Notification:

Have you been Playing DOOMSDAY online again......???
[bigsmile]
It seems they may be Unix commands for Windows

TT4U

Notification:

Hi, perhaps this is helpfull:

After downloading some updates for Norton Antivirus and Windows98, my PC went bonkers, one of many nasty problems it developed was freezing on shutdown because "eglEClientWnd" did not respond. After many many hours of anguish I still cannot get the Norton antivirus to work properly and have not found any such file, however, I CAN get rid of the "egl.." problem by disabling, in the MSCONFIG window "start" tab, the program "ccRegVfy.exe". Don´t know what it does but it is in the "Symantec Shared" file.

¿Is this a worm, or the result of a configuration problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back