Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is on my sdlt tape? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfieldz

MIS
Feb 21, 2006
US
Hello all!! Here's the deal. Lets say you pull out an old tape, no barcode or catalog to go with it. You want to put it in your tape device and read it. Does anyone know the procedure viewing the data from an unmarked tape. prior to our current management, some of our client and catalog backup tapes (possibly years before)were not treated properly and now we are finding some tapes unmarked & no corresponding catalogs . Netbackup 5.0 MP6

Thanks Folks!! Jay

I think you'd need a barcode, one that your library will recognize. You can order barcodes from your tape vendor.

Or I do know that with STK ACSLS, you can label a tape without a barcode as "xxxxx" or whatever. Then if you do a volume update, Veritas will be able to phase one import that tape so that you can see what server/policy/image is on the tape.

If the image is expired, then you re-import the image. It will still be expired so you will need to immediately change the expiration date. Also you will need to import the tape into the original volume pool.

Good luck,

Ryan

and then run:
Images on Media Report
The Images on Media report lists the contents of the media as recorded in the NetBackup image catalog. You can generate this report for any type of media (including disk) and filter it according to client, media ID, or path.
# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
# ./bpimmedia -U [-client <client_name>] [-mediaid <media_id>]

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back