Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is nhksrv.exe??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantguy

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
CA
I recently found this program in my task manager...
can anyone tell me what is does???

thanks,
Michael
vanins@telus.net
m_vaninsberghe@hotmail.com Plantguy
m_vaninsberghe@hotmail.com
vanins@island.net

I copied and pasted this from an article at another forum asking the same question:

NHKSRV is a service. Netropa NHL Service WIN2k ; NT4 A restart of your PC is required if it’s running at 100% CPU. Alternatively, you may wish to look at the “Netropa NHK Server service” and attempt to stop this. Restart the PC, if you can’t stop the service and put the service into Manual after your first logon. If you can’t see it running as a service, but still see NHKSRV running in task bar, look at your registry (search for either NHKSRV or Netropa) and change the DWORD key accordingly to how you want it to start. Registry areas include HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NHKSRV\0000.

A search via the Internet points to information at The NHKSRV service is an Internet Receiver service and it can be activated when you start a stream line data feed like a ticker feed. Searching the registry for Netropa and NHKSRV also gives you a little information on the service and what it does.

At present I have not tested what the consequences of deleting the reg keys, but see no harm in doing so if it’s causing you to much grief and you want gone of it altogether. Alternatively, contact Netropa support staff who will probably help you.

Additional information: Microsoft have found a fault with Microsoft IntelliType Pro keyboard installations and information on this can be found in TechNet article Q297331

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back