Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is new in BC13

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusyi

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
DE
Hi.

My Provider told me that BC13 shall be released in Q1/2006.
Has someone any information about BC13.

Hi

First BC13 does not exist
Second, next release of Stackable Hardware will be called Mxone Telephony Switch
Third : as your provider told you it will be released in Q1 06, meaning that it will be available latest end of March 06.

As you see, between now and end of march a lot of things can be added and remove from this release.....

Anyway the info I have indicates that MNS on IP should be available, parallel ringing (limited to 3 and a lot of anoying other restrictions), some kind of IP DNS routing for IP Networking, and may be more, but who knows what Ericsson will do....

Best regards

fouesnant, BC13 is already in alpha

in fact BC13 is nothing more than a "rename" of BC12.2 and all of it's associated features + some extra features
Mxone TS and BC13 will share the same features

these include :

IP phone MNS keys
Parallel ringing
support for new ELU33 & ELU34 boards
new version of ELU32 (needed for MNS support)
and some other things :)

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi whosrdaddy

In fact MXone Telephony Server, and MXone Telephony Switch (AKA BC13) will not share the same feature.
In MXone Telephony Server you will not have DECT working and a lot of trunk program are not available.

Yeah I know, but MXone is nothing more than a subset of the MD110 (with rewritten SES offcourse). so they share the same FEATURES (with this I mean that for example IP telephony will be the same on both systems, the share the same features)

How will DECT be supported in the migration to MXONE ?
I sort of understood that the Media Gateway Classic 2.0 was a chassis to support the non-IP extension types.

To an existing MD110 node, does the MXONE Telephony Server look like another node or can it look like an additional LIM ?

Will the MNS feature work across nodes. It doesn't at present with BC12.1 SP7

Any comments and/or advice are appreciated as we're seriously considering MXONE for one of our branch offices of about 100 extensions. From the foregoing, it looks like we won't be able to use DECT at that site though. Correct ?

Yes this is correct, DECT is not supported in MXOne 2.0, you'll need Mxone Telephony switch (BC13).

if you already have an existsing MD110, MXone presents itself as separate Node...

Thanks for your reply daddy.

We do already have MD110 BC12.1 SP7 made up of 14 LIMS and includes DECT ELU31 cards.

Is MxOne Telephony switch another name for MD110 upgraded to BC13 (BC12.2) ?
And once we're there, at BC13, then do we actually have an MxOne system anyway ?
ie : MD110 and Telephony Server paths have finally converged

One final question : does the MxOne Telephony Server do away with the need for ELU32 style interface cards ?

I'm a little confused[neutral]

Daddy
A friend of mine face the following:

I have an analogue card ELU34 on BC13,
I made ICAT=800000

But the caller ID does not work

Is the signalling DTMF or FSK ?

My analogue set support DTMF only

Regards

to md110user: to my knowledge I believe it's FSK but I'm not 100% sure, will check that.

to njohn343: Mxone (telephony server) 2.0 and MD110 BC13 are still separate products. convergence takes place with BC14 on the E/// roadmap. like fouesnant said, the name MD110 will dissapear and wil be called MXOne Telephony Switch. this means that BC13 still uses ELU32 (newer version) to supply IP telephony...

MXone telephony server is comprised of 2 servers and media gateway, the telephony server will work as a LIM but what it is basically is a HP570 server with the Ericsson telephony server software running on the server, the second server which is called Comm.Org server will have DNA and OneBox, those two will be combined as one full packet, the MXone telephony server as it is with just those 2 servers and will be able to initiate IP extensions, in most cases the MXone telephony server will be linked with an MD100 or any TDM core switch, this will be through the Media Gateway which supports up to 8 E1/T1 links, so all the IP calls with be handled internally with in the server, now I don’t want to confuse you but there is the MXone legacy LIM or classic LIM as it sometimes called, which is basically an MD110 LIM running on an ETS-E server embedded as an MD110 board.

Media gateway classic is only available if you have a Mxone telephony server...

The ELU34 analogue card supports 32 users and uses FSK for CLID. No mention of DTMF for CLID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back