Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is meant by slipstreaming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayyabq8

Programmer
Nov 20, 2004
KW
Hi,

I want to know the concept of slipstreaming, e.g. slipstreaming of Service Pack2 and etc.

Any nice web links ...

Regards,
Muhammad Tayyab

I was completely at a loss when I first heard the term used in reference to Service Pack 1 for XP. I am not certain who invented it, it might have been Microsoft, but I was clueless when I first read about a slipstream.

An exhaustive description of a slipstream in the traditional way is described here:
and here:

Alternatives that cover the same ground can be found here for earlier OS Service Packs:

Frankly, I did the stuff by hand, and still do when I first see a new Service Pack. But for production purposes without question I use the freeware AutoStreamer:
(I do the upgrade by hand because I am curious as to all the files replaced. I do the latter because it just works terrificly).

Start here.

Slipstream Service Packs
thread779-900263

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back