Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is it good for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sem1701

Programmer
Feb 25, 2005
AT
Hello!
This might sound very stupid for some of you, but my question actually is, why i should use corba. I have a Java application which communicates with an external device. java controls visualize the reults of this programm using a interface now. i tried to find out if it was possible to use the java programm in a windows application as a component (in vb, vba, c++, .net...). First I came across the Java ActiveX Bridge, but that doesn't seem suffisticated enough, then some people told me that CORBA could be a solution. So i searched the internet, but it seems that I can't use it to make 2 applications work together. The 2 applications should be designed using CORBA. Am I right, or did I miss anything? Is it actually possible to access the public interface of a java class from VB or C++ using CORBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back