Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is different from MX board DC/DC ROF1376303/1 and Power Card RG5DC ROF1375350/2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thytith

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2014
KH
Dear All

please help me advice about this two hardware below:
what different about MX board DC/DC ROF1376303/1 and Power Card RG5DC ROF1375350/2 ?
as our supplier recommend us to refresh hardware for our MD110 that currently equip with Power Card RG5DC ROF1375350/2

And one more think , i never join setting up new MX-one before.
does any one would have me about this too advice each step to installation MX-one MD110?

Hope to hear from you very soon

Thank.

The DC/DC is the Power card for the present generation of 'Classic' magazines, while the RG5DC was from the cabinet 'Consono' practise (or 'stackable', as it's now referred to. They are not interchangeable in the same magazine.

The most obvious difference functionally is that the DC/DC provides no ringing voltage, because the newer generation of Analog extension cards (ELU34) have an on board ringer.

A Hardware refresh would replace all these for you.

Don't worry about setting it up. Your supplier should do that for you, all as part of the upgrade. (Hardware refreshes are promoted to facilitate software uprades.) You just sit back and complain when the new refreshed system doesn't work they way it used to on the old platform ;-)

Dear IPuser

thank you for help.
anyways how about other equipment within old magazine and database ?
This case what i will i do with that ?
anyway i don't know about installation and upgrade or MX-one too
any ideas with that

please help advice me

thank.

All the other equipment will be replaced , except maybe the GroupSwitch cards depending which type of GS you already have.
The old equipment should be taken back by your supplier as part of the 'refresh' deal.
You really cann't be expected to know about installation or upgrade. Get your supplier to include them in their offer for the
'Refresh'.

MX-One is just what MD110 is called from Software release BC13.
It exists in the old processor version like MD110, and in the Server version with an industry standard server running Linux.

Dear IPUser

Yes,I have Group Switch cards depend also.
So that case I need to purchase with cut over too, right ?
anyway, i never access to server os platform. I just remote to MD110 via WINFIOL only.

Thank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back