Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is Datawarehouse 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffaye2

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2007
FR
Hi all,
Please give detailed description of what is Datawarehouse 3.0? Give document if available.

FF

Sorry, but I have never heard of Datawarehouse 3.0
Is it a tool? a methodology?

It's a buzzword by Bill Inmon et al to keep interest in DW at a high level. It follows DW 2.0 a couple years ago, which earned them some good consulting and education revenue.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

It is the new generation of datawarehousing that includes the not structured data, the integration of the MDM, the integration of the CRM in the decision-making, the encapsulation of Business Intelligence in the processes professions.But I need more detailed description, studies on this new concept.

Ffaye2

Sad to say, but most of my Fortune 500 engagements are barely DW 1.0, much less 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back