Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is CCNA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantoshNarayan

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
IN
Obviously Cisco Certified Network Administrator.
But what does it consist of ?
What are the prospects ?

well do you wnat cisco's definition. I believe they stat
that a CCNA should be able to handle a small network up to 100 nodes. CCNA also should be able to setup and mintain WAN
Frame Relay, Point-to-Point,and isdn. Routing rip, igrp, and Eigrp. Theres alot more but I think you should get a good idea. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Hey!
Basically, the CCNA tests your knowledge of TCP/IP networking and beginner CISCO router configuration.
I passed mine in January, after two weeks of INTENSE study, and found that it really helped me get a grip on the Layered Model, TCP/IP, basic routing and basic Cisco configs.
You will also need to learn some basic industry specs on other protocols and WAN technologies, how to config some other protocols on Cisco, such as RIP, RIP for IP and IPX/SPX, basic bridging concepts, router diags and troubleshooting, etc...
In the IS biz, if you have a CCNA or higher you are considered more networking savy than someone with just a CNE or a MSCE.
If you are going for it, find out the latest test number, then get either the CISCO books or a good hard-cover CYBEX book. Also, try to get the Cisco Sim software, unless you have a router you can experiment on. I would VPN into work and experiment on a Cisco 1600 I set up for a users home office!
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back