Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is an easy way to jump out of VB code or the ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmmrfrds

Programmer
Feb 13, 2000
US
In access I jump out of VBA code when in a sub or function by either exit sub or exit function or a goto label. How can one jump out of VB code in an ASP. For example, I would like to do some code then do a response.write to look at some variable without going through the rest of the code.

I thought it was the same. Did you try it and come up with an error? -Ovatvvon :-Q

If u want to end the ASP processing place Response.End after the Response.Write lines witch u want to see in the client side... ________
George, M

I don't think he wants to end the page process though. He wants to call a function to get a result for a spot in a page and continue processing the rest of the page before it's sent. Response.end would just end the page at that point. -Ovatvvon :-Q

Write all your code in a SUB, then call it. When you want to quit, just exit sub.

that would be the same thing as response.end then. The purpose of the sub or function would be to have something figured out externally and send it backto the main page for only one part. If he were to write it all in a sub and exit when he wanted to, he might as well just write it all in .asp and then response.end when he wants to.

That's not what he's asking I'm pretty sure. -Ovatvvon :-Q

Sorry about the confusion, but the respopnse.end is what I was looking for. I put the response.end just before my error so that I could look at the values in some variables. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back