Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is a wiggler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavor4real

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
US
what is a wiggler? and what is it good for? where can i get it?

thank u

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::: 55-Studio.com :::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Wiggler is a feature found in the production bundle version of after effects and is used to add a random element to you key frames. The manual says (pp.391, 392):

"You can add randomness to any property as it varies over time by using the Wiggler. Depending on the property and the options you specify, The Wiggler adds a certain number of deviations to a property by adding keyframes and randomizing interpolations coming into or out of existing keyframes. You need at least 2 key frames to use the Wiggler.

Using the Wiggler you can more closely simulate natural movement within specified limits..."

There is more information that you can look at there, or you could try searching for After Effects Tutorials for The Wiggler.

Happy playing,
John

I've used the Wiggler to animate butterflies. Very handy!

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I regularly use the Wiggler on text effects... promos
for shows that use shaking text are pretty popular at the moment... ESPN XGames seems to have the copyright on it.

Not saying that Fox audience needs wiggling text to hold their short attention spans... OK I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back