Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is a Microsoft Access Project? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2001
US
An Access file that connects to a Microsoft SQL Server database through the OLE DB component architecture. An Access project contains only code-based or HTML-based database objects: forms, reports, macros, modules, and shortcuts to data access pages. An Access project does not contain any data or data-definition-based objects: tables, views, database diagrams, or stored procedures. These database objects are stored in the SQL Server database. Access projects are used to create client/server applications.

Reference:

Questions posted in this forum should relate specifically to Access Projects as defined above. Questions about VBA Code, Access tables and queries, forms, etc. should be asked in the appropriate Microsoft Access forum. See faq181-1655 - "Which Access forum should I choose for my question? Why?"
If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874 and thread183-468158.
Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:

Thank you for starting this forum! I have found Access Data Projects to be one of the most confusing and least documented pieces of software that Microsoft has put out in quite a while. I'm glad there will finally be a congregating area for those of us who use these blasted ADPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back