Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is 32 bit pcmcia

Status
Not open for further replies.

remyvrs

Programmer
Jul 12, 2005
RO
I asked on the phone a seller about a pcmcia card (surecom ep-428x) and he asked me if i am sure that my notebook supports 32 bit pcmcia ...
how do i find what that is and if my notebook has it...???
i have a dell latitude ls model pp01s and i couldn't find any information about its configuration on the internet...

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Thanks for your attitude!

Typically, laptops that were made in the last few years will be Cardbus and 32-bit capable. Older laptops generally come with 16-bit PCMCIA card slots. A Cardbus laptop will accept an older 16-bit non Cardbus card but a newer 32-bit Cardbus card will more then likely not work in a 16-bit slot.

I forgot to mention that your system BIOS may tell you which interface you have (either 16 or 32 bit)or you can try the Device Manager in Windows.

i'll try to find information in bios or device manager about my pcmcia port.
Thanks!

in bios there was no info that i could use for this subject and in device manager at pcmcia devices there was :
"Texas Instruments PCI-1211 CardBus Controller"
but i don't really know what this means...

If it says CardBus, it is definitely 32-bit.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back