Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What headsets are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

km9v

MIS
Jan 11, 2011
US
I have a new CM system (ver 10.1) with J159 desk sets and quite a few of my users are asking for headsets both wired & wireless. I have a couple Jabra 9540s that work well but they're old and the batteries don't last long. Are there any wireless remote answer types that work with the J159 without a mechanical handset lifter?

I'm using Jabra 925 series headsets with the EHS cable (Jabra Link 14201-33) here. They work really well.

They also have Bluetooth so you can pair the same headset to a PC and seamlessly use it for your video conferences/etc.

All the newer phones, J159s included, do not require a mechanical lifter. There is a dedicated headset jack on the back of the phone and a dedicated headset button to go off-hook/on-hook, just like the speakerphone button. That makes wired headsets really easy. You can also set the default talk path to headset to avoid accidently engaging the speaker for users that are always on headsets.

Jabra makes some good headsets, as does Plantronics/Poly/HP/owner-of-the-day. You will probably have to purchase the correct cable for the J159s but all that information should be on the manufacturers' websites.

Check Plantronics.. they always worked well in Avaya environment. But the remote answering is much to be desired.. but it does work. It's essentially a mic that you double tape to the speaker that alerts the wireless headset.

I'd suggest working with a vendor to get sample because they say it works, don't mean it does. The lowers may look the same, but you can't use one for all. CXTec is a good place to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back