Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What have i done wrong send user DDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartroat

Technical User
Apr 7, 2011
GB
i set 20 extn's so they send the users DDI number when calling outside it has worked like this for 6 months now until this morning when those 20 users couldn't make outgoing calls. this is how i set it up ( i did use a real number from in the customer ddi range off cause and it worked as expected )
Link

user shortcodes
0n .s123456 dial 0

i removed this shortcode and users can now make calls. The system is a 500v2 with v9.1 with a 16 channel pri supplied by Virgin media. Your help is much appreciated.

I suspect VM have made changes on their network & don't like the format you are presenting the DDI in

Always use Si<full number inc STD code>

The i indicates the number is in international format & should work with any local exchange type.

then if t fail run a system monitor check to see what is being sent& the failure cause before contacting the line provider

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

As i was typing the 1st message i thought maybe VM are blocking the call, thanks for the response will try short code with your changes and see what happerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back