Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What happens when loading the same assembly multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcduan

Programmer
May 21, 2002
US
I have a question for you guys. I would like to load a bunch of controls dynamically from assemblies. Some controls may be defined in the same assembly. What happen if I load the same assembly more than one time? If Windows just maintain at most one instance of any assembly in memory, how is the efficiency of .NET to check the existance of the assembly in memory?

Many thanks!

Neo

I don't know if this will help you at all but I had a need to dynamically load an assembly and depending on certain conditions I would chose which assembly to load. Now when I was first playing with this I had 2 assemblies in differenct locations with the same name. When I tried condition 1 I got the right assembly, then I tried condition 2 which I wanted to use the other assembly, but since an assembly with that same name was already loaded it used the one that was loaded.

So in a nutshell from what I have seen it will use the one that is in memory already without loading another one (unless I am misinterpreting the results I had which of course is very possible). As to performance of it I can not provide any insight sorry :-( Crystal
crystalized_s@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------

Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.

-Oscar Wilde

Thanks a lot! it is very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back