Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what happens when all Meridian Mail ports are busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdennis76

ISP
Dec 10, 2012
US
I have an option 11 with meridian mail and people are complaining about the auto attendant not picking up. The only way I've been able to reproduce the problem is to make more than 4 simultaneous calls. Since we have 4 ports, the 5th call just rings. When a port becomes available, the mermail then answers that 5th call.

This seems to be working as designed but was wondering if there a way in the option 11 to send that 5th call to a phone rather than queing.

Thanks

The Mer Mail is built pretty much as an ACD with the ports being the Agents. You can change the ACD que to overflow to another extension. At least with normal ACD you can I have just not tried it with the Mail ACD.

You can't use ACD overflow as you can only overflow to another open Queue, you need to use interflow. set OVTH to 0, automatically enable interflow AENI YES, and set the Interflow DN to the required ext number IFDN 1234. Plus make sure you have no entries against overflow, OVDN (Blank)

LD 23

REQ CHG
TYPE ACD
:
:
:
OVTH 0
:
IFDN 1234 (Ext Number)
:
AENI YES
: