Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What happened to linked table

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhongwei

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
CA
I have a mdb file in my local drive ,we also have another mdb file in our network,I plan to link the tabale in my local database to the table in the network.Since the other table in multiuser enviroment, It has more possibility of corruption.
Could someone tell me what will happen to my local database, if the other linked database corrupted?
Thanks for any suggestion!

Anytime the remote database is corrupt, you will likely get a message that says that the database path and name are unrecognizable or need to be repaired OR a message that says that the path and file name are not accessible. The rest of your database will work fine.

Does the remote database have an administrator. Does anyone compact and repair the database on a routine schedule. This would help significantly to reduce any corruption of a remote database.

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back