Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What group policy keeps VPN settings greyed out on company Laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techgoober

Technical User
Mar 15, 2006
US
I have been put in charge of a project involving handing out security Tokens to remote corporate users. The problem is, the first step in the instructions I am handing out is "go into the properties of your VPN connection" which for these users everything is greyed out because the corporate policies have them locked down...

The Admins that were in charge of company policy enforcement have been gone for some time now and I have been left to figure out what policy to unlock to allow these users to edit their VPN settings.

Everything else I have set up works except for the first step, modifying the VPN settings.

Can anyone help?

If you load the GPO up (Start Run MMC --- then add snap-in GPO and select the actual policy) you can filter to see configured options only ...... will at least give you a much smaller list to look through !!!!

HTH

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back