Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What files to include to use borland database engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi,
What files do I need to include inorder to use the Borland database engine on a computer that does not have borland installed, in other words to have my executable as a stand alone?

At the moment I get an error saying it is unable to initialize the borland database engine

Any help is greatly appreciated

You need to include all files in directory "BDE", and write to registry:
1. Key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Borland\\Database Engine", Subkey: "DLLPATH", Value: path to directory of the application (or BDE files) (example:"c:\\my_app")

2. Key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Borland\\Database Engine", Subkey: "CONFIGFILE01", Value: path to the file "idapi.cfg" (example:"c:\\my_app\\idapi.cfg")

3. Key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Borland\\Database Engine", Subkey:"RESOURCE", Value: "0009"

4. Key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Borland\\Database Engine", Subkey: "SaveConfig", Value: "WIN32"

5. Key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Borland\\Database Engine", Subkey: "UseCount", Value: "1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back