Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What Files Do I Move to Where??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footnotes

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
US
I am setting up a new Win-XP machine that I just purchased. I am moving files from my Win98SE to the new box. I have two boxes sharing files and have had no problems moving my Address Book and Favorites files. I need to move a large number of emails from Outlook Express on the Win98 box to to Outlook Express on the XP box. Both boxes are using OE Version 6. What files do I move to where?...Footnotes

306186 - HOW TO: Use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard By Using the Windows XP CD-ROM

306187 - HOW TO: Use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard with a Wizard Disk in Windows XP

293118 - HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the help. I now know that I might have made a better choice of forums (i.e email issues), but as usual no flames just good advice. The problem is cured. One of the big problems was the manufacturer ship the box with the file, folders, and system file hidden. This did not help my searches. Once I figured that out solutions came fast. Thank you again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back