Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What file holds activeX for calender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nifrabar

Programmer
Mar 16, 2003
NL
Hi!

I just posted thi smessage in the wrong forum (webissues) where as this is a class-issue.

I am having an app running with the calender activeX
the OLE-class = MSComCtl2Monthview.2

Now my client complains that once trying to activate the calender the system hangs.
In my app at home all works as expected.

Now I am wondering wether or not maybe the activeX is missing. But.. which file holds that info and how can I strech the problem once the file is missing.

-Bart

Bart,

Which calendar are you using? If it's the MonthView control or the DTPicker control, it will be in the file named MSCOMCt2.ocx.

You have to ensure that this file is installed on the user's system, and also that it is properly registered. If you are using something like InstallShield Express to deploy your application, you can arrange for your setup program to do the installation and registration. If not, you can register it manually by running REGSVR32.EXE.

That said, if the file was missing or not properly registered, I don''t think your application would hang. It would generate an error and fire your error handler.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Mike,
Thanks for your reply.
As you don't think a missing activeX causes to hang the app, do you have any suggestion what else might be the reason? Here at home all works as ecpected.
-Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back