Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what file executes the print command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudman

Technical User
Mar 18, 2001
US
I have software that allocates time to my children and also locks programs from thier use. I would like to lock them out of using the printer but need to know what *.exe file windows 98 uses to execute the printer drivers. Thanks
knk

Hey mate,

I am just guessing, but try and lock down the spool32.exe under windows\system this is the file that spools the print jobs to the printer... or ya could try and lock down the printer driver...

later
Matt

From WIN98 Help - try something simple first? Paused print jobs accumulate in the print queue but can't be printed until pausing is removed. Your kids will stop printing when the printer 'stops' working.

To pause or restart your printer

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.

Click the icon for the printer you want to pause or restart.

On the Printer menu, click Pause Printing.

If there is a check mark next to the command, the printer is paused. To restart the printer, click this command again.

Notes
You can pause a printer only if it is attached to the computer you are using. For example, you cannot pause a network printer from your own computer. To pause or cancel printing a document on a network printer, click Related Topics.

The Pause Printing command is unavailable if you have turned off spooling (spooling only affects whether your job is achieved faster) in your printer properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back