Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what else is needed for IIS / ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainedtodesk

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
i am trying to work with ASP code, i have setup a windows server 2008 R2 box, have IIS 7 running on it. i have copied and updated some asp code into the default library of and some of the pages execute without issues others fail but only give error 500 saying site is down or error in code. some of the new things i am trying are samples from a manual and i verified all is keyed correctly. are there other softwares or tools that i need to have installed for this to function properly? visual studio or a sql tool. i am not sure someone told me front page but i am trying to avoid that if possible. i have reached out to the current provider hosting the existing site but they dont seem to help out with out POs and workorders. thanks in advance for any guidance here.

thanks, i have done several searches, but never looked for 'classic' asp and most everything talked about .net, thanks again these look more informative than the previous search finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back