Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what else do I need from Veritas to backup???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VasBert

Technical User
Oct 3, 2000
US
I've been using BENT for about 2 weeks now. Figured out how to backup remote servers with the use of AA, I just didn't install serial numbers,,,Doh!!!

Now I need to backup files that are being accessed virtually 24/7. Locked files dosen't seem to work, un-locked isn't an option, skipping files after 30 secs seems okay but fails when backing up an excess of 100 Gb of data on verify so I'm thinking about buying "Open File Option".

Would this do the job? are there anything else I would need to consider?

Yelp!!!

Vas [sig][/sig]

Open File Option would work for you. It requires the AA be present for remote backups but you mentioned you already made it through that hoop :)

OFO creates a virtual snapshot of the entire volume that you are backing up and allows u to backup the open files while the changes are occuring to the original copies. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back