Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does this Exception Error mean!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpp

Programmer
Feb 28, 2002
US
I got an exception error during the running of a standalone exe from FoxPro 6.0. The error is C0000005

Fatal error: Exception code = c0000005
Called from = App.araing line 140 etc.......

I understand this is not syntax error but an error up a level returned by the runtime dll or runtime exe.

This error does not occur when I run the program through the command window.

My customer runs the EXE and this error occurs at different points in the process, not at the same time twice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Richard

rpp

What serveice pack was applied to VFP? What OS on the client's machine? Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first

The Service Pack is SP5 on my machine running win 2000 pro. The client box is running on xp pro. And does not have VFP installed. It of course is running the DLL's and EXE of vfp 6.0

is that correct and current?

Actually, C0...05 errors are the OS reporting to the application that it's encountered a problem. These can be due to bad Video Drivers, Printer Drivers, ActiveX Controls that make bad API calls, programs running in the background that don't allocate and release memory properly (old screen savers and Win 3.x apps are notorious in this area), and even some virus checkers (or viruses!) can cause problems. If you get this error on many different client machines look inside your app or blame VFP, but if its just one client or site, look elsewhere.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back