Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does this error message mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indjija

Technical User
Jul 2, 2001
US
After replacing CMOS battery on my old moteherboard whith AWARD BIOS, auto detecting HD,setting date and time and restarting after saving to bios I get a message
ERROR:FwAllocateHeapPermament couoldn't find the LoaderMemoryData Descriptor.
What deos that mean?
This message comes up if I try to start with WIndows NT4 startup disk 1 in floppy.
If floppy is empty it starts up and and after loading bios instead of starting windows it doesn't do anything.
Can anyone help, please.

Did you reenter all of your settings? You may have forgot one, or chaged you your not supposed to. Try setting everything to default (shouldn't reset time/date). Also make sure you didn't bump any cables, they may have partially slipped out.

This should be a starting point anyway. Please let us (Tek-Tips members) know if the solutions I provide are helpful to you. Not only do my posts help you but they may help others.

Mike Wills
IT Corporate Support
RPG Programmer
koldark@koldark.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back