Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does this error message mean - Bad Date format string!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumgait

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
CA
A consultant created a crystal report for us. The consultant is no longer working with us. I am now trying to run his report.

We both have Crystal Reports 8.5 Developers Edition running on Windows 2000.

When I try to open up the report I get the following error with an OK button.

"Bad Date format string".

Here is the formula:

formula = CDate(MonthName ( Month({Problem.RepDateSF}))& " 1, " & Cstr( Year({Problem.RepDateSF}) ))

The system is now completely locked up and I have to kill the application from task manager.

Of note, this consultant I think coded his formulas using the Basic Syntax rather than Crystal since he was a Visual Basic programmer (which I am not!).

I am still a novice with the formula language - can someone provide some insight on what this error message means and how to correct it. I cannot get any further into this report beyond this error message.

The data source for this report is a Lotus Notes database.

Thanks for any input.

John Falloon

Change it to:

CDate(year({Problem.RepDateSF}),month({Problem.RepDateSF}),1)

Your consultant overcomplicated it, and some settings may have mucked things up.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back