Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does it mean that the Ram 's FSB is 1: 5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

USER380

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2009
EG
i m trying to purchase a new one and i knew that there are 1333 or 1600 fsb , when i used a program to see which is mine to buy a matching one i got 1:5 in the FSB result ?

i tried to search about it and i saw that some say that this ratio can be controlled and changed , is that true ?

i m using dell inspiron n5050 ...

so how can i know my ram FSB ? and if its 1333 can i use higher FSBs with my i3 processor ? is this ratio can be optimized to get better performance ?

Thanks in advance

Try here:

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Basically - its a way of allowing your CPU front side bus (in MHz) to run at a different speed to your RAM

e.g - CPU FSB might be 1333Mhz but you only have 800Mhz RAM or vice vera

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

It's a laptop, very few laptops use a FSB of 1600, and if you just check the tech specs at dell, you will see that the FSB is 1333 for the memory. Max is 8GB in a 2 x 4 GB configuration, meaning you have 2 dimms, and each can be 4 GB.

ok , but now when i buy new ones .. 2* 4 8GB can i use the 1600 or it wont work with the i3 processor ?

Speed is always backward compatible, it will clock down to 1333. Remember to buy so-dimms. like this.

Thanks alot for the info ..

Thanks for all ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back