Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do you do with your badges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittle

ISP
Sep 10, 2002
US
What do you do with your badges and certificates?

Put the badges in a desk?
Wear them proudly like medals?
Give them to the kids?
Not bother to even request the welcome pack??

Dazed and confused

I just found my mcp badge in a bottom drawer. I'm wearing it now. :)

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
- Mark Twain

Badge?

Wallet card in it's place on honor behind my license.

Lapel pins are attahed to my collection of conference badge holders handing off my desk. (I'm kind of irked that the new certs don't come with these any more.)

Paper cert, hanging off the wall of my cube so everyone can see how big a dork I really am.

Badges, I've got no badges.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

At home in a draw, although I do pop my MCSE one on when I go to an interview. Just because years ago before I got my cert I went for an interview and two out of the four candidates had the MCSE badge on them and it scared the crap out of me! (Got the job though :))

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

I always feel a bit of a show off waering them at work. So I don't. I just put them on in my bathroom ( with the door locked ) and parade around in them. It's a guilty secret I have. LOL.

The new certs do not come with the badge/lapel pin!!!??

Dazed and confused

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

Sorry, but I just had to. Without Googling, anyone know what movie the above quote is from?

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Nope, no more lapel pins.
Microsoft FAQ said:
Q. Why is there no lapel pin in New Generation of Certifications Kits?
A. Feedback from current MCPs indicated that this was not a highly valued component of the overall kit.

I'm not sure who they asked, but it wasn't me.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

[noevil]

.....sounds like a cost cutting exercise to me.

Dazed and confused

That's what I figured.

Denny

[noevil]

Yeah, I've got an old one, and a guy in work had his new one the other day.

It's kinds making me not want to get my MCSE anymore :)

Only kiddin!

Paul Thomas
Network+ - Passed
70-210 - Passed
70-290 - Passed
70-291 - Passed
70-293 - Working towards

Wishdiak said:
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

Sorry, but I just had to. Without Googling, anyone know what movie the above quote is from?

"Treasure of the Sierra Madre", one of Bogarts best IMHO.

======
"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care."
-Jimmy Buffett

pjcarmen,

Right you are! I find it a bit odd that people seem to always misquote the best Bogart lines.

In any case, back to the original topic. It appears that Microsoft only gives out lapel pins for MCP and not for other certifications.

Does this mean that my MCSA lapel pin might actually have some value? Can I look forward to selling it on eBay in 20 years?

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

It the new generation of certifications that have appeared
in the last year that you don't get a badge for. The old classics of MCDBA, MCP, MCSE, MCAD, MCSD and MCSA still get badges.

I like the new blue card but I'm not happy I'll never get a MS badge again. And yes in 20 years time, the badge might well be worth something! I've kept my entire welcome kits in perfect condition.

Dazed and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back