Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do you carry your "Tools & Stuff " in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDthirtytwo

Technical User
Dec 30, 2005
US
[bigsmile]What are you guys using to carry your tools, lap top and stuff at work :- A smal tool bag or maybe a backpack, is it a lap top bag, what have you found that works best for you?

I'm using an 18" Husky tool bag and a High Siera back pack for the lap top.

I would like to get something to carry them all, maybe somethng with wheels.

Any suggestions?

LD 32

I use a laptop bag on wheels with a collapsible handle. There is room inside for the more basic tools. For larger jobs I have an additional soft tool bag that can sit on top of the laptop bag so I don't have to carry anything.

I carry multiple toolkits, I have a JDSU Triporter which came with a bag with space for my day to day hand tools. I have a laptop bag for my programming jobs which contains a "mini" toolkit (I even have a smaller than normal krone tool in there that I got off Ebay), I have an install toolkit that is in a metal briefcase type toolcase that has battery drill etc in it and then I have a Voip toolkit in which I have a router, Poe switch and other such items like patch leads and smaller 8 port non poe switch which allows me to set up a basic network to prove whether a fault is in my equipment or the customer's network!

Then there's all the other stuff that doesn't fit into anything EG spirit level, drill bit set, Vacuum etc!

I've even recently taken to carrying a lightning hit IVS2 pim with me as I can fire up a processor in it and do major programming jobs by downloading the customers system into it then uploading the modified file! then simply do a reset and job done!

Do you think I am over doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back