Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do the little Asterisk tokens do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevPortal

Programmer
Jul 8, 2005
US
I'm a noob-to-moderate C programmer and I can typically do whatever it is that I'm doing w/o worrying about this, but what do the little asterisks mean by variables (usually during declaration)? Sometimes my code will not work, and I'll try adding one and it will...

lol, I'd consider myself a "noobie" at C/C++, and I've been programming an application server in it solidly for a year :)

I'd stop and do some serious reading/tutorials before continuing. Seeing that you are monkeying around with HD sectors and stuff (see Assembly forum), if you don't fully understand pointers in C, you could end up in serious trouble.

Have some fun with Blinky :)
--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

I read the article, thanks. I had gone into C more deeply (as far as tutorials go) previously, but it's been a while. I remember going over this stuff. Anyway, @sedj, Those were floppy sectors, its a bit safer than messing with ur HDD >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back