Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do people use for Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

furtech

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2003
AU
Hello,

I'm wondering if people could please tell me a little about what they're using for Remote Access to there Windows 2000 Domains.

I'm looking at setting up Remote Desktop in Windows XP; does anyone know if it uses any sort of encryption? The other alternative I see is to tunnel VNC, but I'd prefer to use RDP.

Thanks,

---------------------------------------
Matthew Collins
---------------------------------------

Use Timbuktu[thumbsup2], works well. I tried PC Anywhere on a 2k domain with 125 clients and had problems/bugs. Ask PJEng who posted in this forum just below yours. He can voucher for me on this. VNC?? don't know but it would be my next choice.[peace]

There are a few requirements that you need to consider before choosing your remote solution.
1. how many remote users will you have
2. how secure do you want the remote connection to be
3. what applications do you intend to allow access to remotely (email, Office, business apps, etc)
4. how much do you intend to spend.

There are different solutions depending on the above answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back