Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What Did I Miss 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wguy

Technical User
May 20, 2005
US
I created a hunt group (2300) with five members (2301,2302,2303,2304& 2305) in this group. I then assaigned these five members to three 6416 telephones as "abrdg-appr" appearances. When I call the hunt group pilot number (2300) I hear ringing on the telephone that I called the hunt group number on but none of the phones light or ring. When I call each individual member number (2301,2302,2303,2304 & 2305) the lines ring and flash like they should. I had to assaign analog port assaignments to the member numbers instead of "X" ports otherwise the hunt group number would ring busy. I also checked the "bridge call alerting" on the hunt group members (2301,2302,2303,2304 & 2305) to no avail. The system is a G3csiV6

I don't think you can do that. The switch is looking for the status of the extension, in the hunt group, to route the call. It doesn't know about the bridged appearance. Set up a 6408 with 8 call-app as an x-port, cover to a cov answer group.

Think first thing that comes to mind is... why? Is there a particular reason that you are using up 6 extensions? I believe that the following steps will provide you with the desired results without the headache: (although I am sure you are perficient with the commands, I am including the commands for other readers...)

[ol]
[li]Remove the hunt group and extensions you created for this.[/li]
[li]Create a new extension by issuing this command:add station 2300[/li]
[li]In the station screen, enter the following:[/li]
[ul]
[li]Type: 6408[/li]
[li]Port: x[/li]
[li]Name: Your Choice[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 1: call-appr (Default)[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 2: call-appr (Default)[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 3: call-appr (Default)[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 4: call-appr[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 5: call-appr[/li]
[/ul]
[li]Next, change one all of the 6416 telephones by issuing this command: change station xxxx where xxxx is the assigned extension.[/li]
[li]In the station screen, enter the following: (Note that I started at 9 simply for ease of reading, you can select any 5 available button assignments.)[/li]
[ul]
[li]Button Assignment 9: brdg-appr 1[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 10: brdg-appr 2[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 11: brdg-appr 3[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 12: brdg-appr 4[/li]
[li]Button Assignment 13: brdg-appr 5[/li]
[/ul]
[/ol]
Now an incoming call to extension 2300 will ring on button 9 of all the administered 6416 phones. Subsiquent calls will appear on buttons 10, 11, 12, and 13 as needed.

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

Thanks JediBMC. This is a much cleaner way and it works too !!!Thanks

I'm and old "Rolm" guy and you had to create individual members in hunt groups to work. Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back