Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What can you call yourself now? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HutchHutchison

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2006
So I have passed exam 70-270 and 70-291. What can put on a business card now?

HutchHutchison MCP (XPsp2, 2003 Sever), network+, A+
???

Why don't you just put Microsoft Pimp on it? Just kidding. Just use MCP, Network+ and A+.

CISSP,ISC2 Affiliate & Instructor, MCT, MCSE2K/2K3, MCSA, CEH, Security+, Network+, CTT+, A+

I think HutchHutchison said he'd passed 70-270 and 70-291 so he need to take 70-290 in order to get a MCSA 2003 since A+ and N+ together can be counted for one MCSA/MCSE 2003 elective.

That is right, I have just one more exam to go...70-290.

I have seen some people use this notation...

HutchHutchison MCP:2003,XP

It is really a silly question. Soon it will definatley be HutchHutchison MSCA2003

As far as N+ and A+ goes, I filled out the form on Comptia's web site to transfer my information to M$, yet haven't seen any updates to my profile yet.

Does anyone know how long it takes for this to take place?

HutchHutchison,

I missed that you were only 70-290 away from MCSE. Kudos.

My experience with getting credit from Microsoft on Comptia exams (or exam, in my case, with the Security+) was that it seemed at the time to take an eternity. If they say 6-8 weeks, that sounds about right.

I'm not 100% on the timeframe, but it does take a while.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

How was the Security+ exam? Comparible to N+ and A+ or more like a M$ Exam?

Wishdiak,

HutchHutchison,

My personal opinion of the Security+ exam was that is was more like the Network+ exam than any other. There were more questions though, I think mine had 100, but the same type of questions as Network+.

Since Security+ counts as a MCSA/MCSE elective and A+/Network+ only counts toward MCSA, I opted to submit Security+ to Microsoft.

One of these days I'll finish up my MCSE, but with working 2 jobs at the moment, finding the time is difficult.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

I personally found the Security+ to be more difficult than the A+ and N+ exams. Perhaps because alot more of it was stuff I had to learn and memorize, as opposed to N+ and A+ which I use every day. Very interesting stuff though, and worth taking.
One thing I've noticed however, is alot of job postings don't list it as one of the security certs they look for. I often see the CISSP, and vendor specific ones (ie Cisco), but rarely Security+. I'm not sure if it's less respected, or just less well known...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back