Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What can I do with this Partner system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPNMRK

MIS
Apr 28, 2012
US
Hello, everyone.

We have this Lucent Partner system. To help identify it, here are a couple of snapshots:

[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.use.com/09f4d4c46fc07e2686ac#photo=1[/url]
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.use.com/09f4d4c46fc07e2686ac#photo=2[/url]

As you can see, it has two 206E R4.1 modules for a total of 4 x 12. I'm wondering if we can embellish it in some way to capture and display Caller ID as well as add VM/AA features. I think the 206EC modules could be substituted for the Caller ID, but I don't know if this system can support VM/AA in any configuration.

I figured the best way to find out is to come here, so please enlighten me.

Thanks!

That 206E is a very basic processor. No voicemail is going to work with it. If you want Caller ID logging and voicemail, you need to get a Partner ACS processor R6/R7/R8 (for logging caller id). This will also allow you to add either the PC mail or the partner messaging.

You can add Partner Mail VS if you get a five slot carrier. You could also buy an ACS controller and use the 206s as expansion modules. The 206EC would work in place of the 206E. I'd replace it with a nice new ACS R8 509 and get Partner Messaging. Either way you need a 5 slot carrier.

Thats a Baby Partner. They were made before display phones. Voice mail is not supported on it. You would need an ACS Processor module and I think only the expansion module will work with it. I don't think you can even change the time on them.You would also need a new carrier.

I would upgrade. Normally I would agree with going with an R8 processor....but at this time....both the R7 & R8 processors [5 lines x 9 ports] are very expensive. I would go with an R6 processor.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back