Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What book to follow Kimballs book on Dimenional modelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWorERP

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
CA
I have almost completed "The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Dimensional Modeling (Second Edition)".

Its a great book and I plan to go through it once more. I actually enjoyed reading it. I learnt a A lot of DW concepts.

Please suggest a follow up book.

The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Dimensional Modeling (Second Edition)

I'm suppose to get this book first but decided to get Kimball's book The Data Warehouse LifeCycle Toolkit. I needed to get up to speed during a project of mine.

If you are a consultant and work with many companies:
"Data Warehouse Design Solutions" by Adamson & Venerable

Might also consider
"Mastering Data Warehouse Design" by Imhoff, Gallemo, & Geiger
or "Building the Data Warehouse", 3rd Edition by Inmon

When you think you know it all, get
"Impossible Data Warehouse Situations" by Adelman, although this book is more suitable for a lead developer or PM

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because there is more manure there - original.

"Data Warehouse Design Solutions" by Adamson & Venerable - Yup, I'm considering this book too. I was advised to get this rather than the first book of Kimball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back