Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What automated testing tool can be used to test oracle forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose1000

Technical User
Jan 11, 2001
US
Hi,
I am given the task to find a tool to automate testing of some oracle forms that are being developed for our project. Does any one know if their company is using any such testing tool.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks

I onced worked for an Organisation that used Winrunner and LoadRunner by Mercurary interactive.

They had bought a very large peice of software from a third party who had a habit of creating more bugs than they fixed.

They wanted a tool that they could record tests into and then replay overnight to check that a new version did not break anything that previously worked. They had some success, but it took along time to set the tests up and sometimes the scripts to test would fail as the mechanism of the screen had changed although the functionality was the same. Winrunner did not alaways cope well with this.

However, this was about 3 years ago, and things move quickly so I'd say its definatly worth getting an eval copy and taking a look.

We have used SQA Suite(SQA Robot and SQA Manager)to test an application developed in Power Builder and Sybase. It worked well for our task. I am not sure about forms.

vishnu

You should have success in testing Oracle forms using either the current version on WinRunner or Rational Robot. Both tools work very well. It is best to have an experienced QA Engineer who has worked with the tool before. There will be some programming involved to create the script.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back