Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are these files created for during Delphi 6 development? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrytype

Programmer
Jun 1, 2011
ZA
Whilst developing an application with Delph6 certain files are automatically created within the Environment Folder which if allowed to continue to be created eventually prevent further development with an exception 'Insufficient Resources' [something]. As these files don't seem to serve any readily obvious purpose how can one prevent them being created?

Old Man Delphi

I have no clue what you are talking about.
Please provide more details (the names of the files, exact path etc...)

/Daddu

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

My apologies! I should have mentioneed that the files are invariably _QSQ1, _QSQ2, _QSQ3..onwards up to _QSQ100 ... whatever.
The other files are Del1.MB, Del2.MB, Del3.MB ... onwards up to Del110.MB ....whatever

The path they follow is into the Folder into which I have the application compiled into.

Old Man Delphi

I think they files left by Paradox on your hard disk when your program doesn't terminate correctly.

I suggest you move them to a scrap folder and then, assuming your application runs okay without them, delete them in a week or two.

Paradox is old database technology. I (and many others) would recommend you replace it with something more robust and modern. I use and like MySQL but there are several DBMSs which should be able to do the job.

Andrew

I'm a MSSQL developer (not MySql) and I love it. Of course it depends on the magnitude of your application. MSSQL is meant for larger systems which need high security and flexibility - I've never actually worked with MySql, but from what I hear it's kinda hard to work with.

JD Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back