Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are the steps to connecting 2 panasonic kxtd1232 cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwilliamstele

Vendor
Feb 5, 2008
US
Hello

I have a customer whose t-1 channel bank went down. So he thought he would be a genius and just turn the main cabinet off and turn it back on

Of course now the two cabinets won't sync up.

I recall it was
turn off master
turn off slave
flip switch to clear
turn on both cabinets
flip switch to normal

what am i missing

thanks..
Bill

what you are missing its programming, what you did is defaulting the systems to factory default.
what you should do is turn on both systems master first and then slave straight away, leave both on it can take anything from 2 minutes to 15 to sync

wow are you saying you put both cabinets to clear ?
hope you had a backup .

i didn't have a back up. Haven't worked on one of these things in like 3 years. Anyway.
I forgot what is the oh so complicated procedure for backing up the database with the panasonic programming software. Not the Russian software.

Thanks again

Bill

ouch so you are asking how to do a back up now?
is it dos or windows software you have

yep...I just dont rememeber. I have the dos and the windows version. I recall they said the dos version was more stable

dos is easy connect to system with a null modem cable it will ask if its a dual cabinets hit y go select interactive programming now hit ESC and go back to main
screen select option 3. disc file management by default directory is a:\ change it to c:\ hit enter then arrow down to
E1232A hit enter hopefully you will see default 1232 and 816
read only data bases now hit F7 at bottom of screen it will
say enter name [ ] Comment [ ]

give the file a name I call it the location then hit enter
in comments [ ] add your comments then hit enter DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back