Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what are the runtime files required for Seaget Crystal Report v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

prawin

ISP
May 15, 2002
IN
Hi everybody,

I created some Reports files (.rpt Graphs) using Seaget Crystal Reports v8 on NT flat form for web purpose. Now i would like to distribute these files to windows 2000 server environment. For this what are the runtime files required. I want to run these files without installing Seaget Crystal Reports software. i want only runtime required files to execute these files.

please help me.

Thankyou,

There's a help file runtime.hlp installed with CR - it goes into what you need depending upon what you're working with.
IMHO you're better off installing the whole designer as it makes testing so much easier. Just delete the designer EXE file and you'll be OK for license. Andrew Baines
Chase International

I didn't think there was a 'runtime' for server based applications - only client based applications are allowed to use the runtime files. Someone correct me if I am reading the License.hlp file incorrectly:

"The Developer?s License agreement does not in itself give you any right to distribute server or web-based applications created using Crystal Enterprise Standard or the Runtime Software. For information on redistribution licensing contact Seagate Software?s OEM department."
Sounds to me like running reports on a server would require a licensed copy of CR or CE installed on the server. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Hello Andrew Baines,

Thanks for your kind response. I already tried those files, which are specified in runtime.hlp. This file gives the runtime files for NT. But I required Windows 2000 server runtime files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back