Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are the Minimum requirements for a samba server

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsung61

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2006
FR
Hi

I have looked everywhere for this I am sure that the info is out there. I am looking for a micro install of Linux samba file and print sharing ie on a floppy or two.

I have checked out NASLite I have checked out Free NAS I have checked out MULinux
They all have there limits if anyone knows of a Linux samba file and print sharing server on one or two floppies then please let me know.

Failing that what are the minimum req that samba needs, as I cannot seems to find this info anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

It has to be on floppy? Will it be running from floppy or just installed that way? I would think that the minumum hardware requirements would be more defined by the operation system that samba is running on. By itself, samba shouldn't require very much at all - a share to serve (disk or printer), a network card or some way to serve the share, an operating system to do the heavy lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back