Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what are the items in a collection that referred in foreach item type enumerator within foreach loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2021
CA
Hello There,

When I recently gone through Microsoft documentation about SSIS -- Foreach Item Enumerator, following points took my attention:

> Foreach Item enumerator to enumerate items that are collections. For example, you can enumerate the names of executables and working directories that an Execute Process task uses.

> You use the Foreach Item enumerator to enumerate items in a collection.

From the above two highlighted statements, what are such items that considered to be collection? Is there any documented source to understand the concept of 'collection' and 'its items'?

Here is the link for Microsoft documentation from which the above highlighted text is taken:
Would anyone please help me understand the context? Thank you for giving your valuable time.

Hello,

for example you can create within a script task a List<string>.

You can save this List into a variable of type object.

Then you create a variable of type string.

Then you can walk through this List within the "Foreach Loop Container".

Here is an example well explained:

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back