Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are some emerging trends/ technologies in the telecom industry? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

acuratsx

Technical User
Nov 20, 2007
US
I know that Voip is becoming a standard for many companies, what else is going on on the horizon? I'm hearing Voip Trunks and wireless voip phones are in the future.

It's all VoIP!!!!!!

I have a GSM / Wifi SIP phone sat on my desk right now.....

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

It will go all towards the totally integrated systems that run it all through the network from voice,Fax and legacy devices like modems to the integrated Messaging (different names for different companies) which is a feature rich voicemail to e-mail application. SIP is really right now the big coming thing due to presence and the system knows if you are available or not, if you are looking for something new then ask yourself if you need all the new features and if you can afford them because the phones that use the network need to have a bullet proof network and setup and ANY change on your network can affect your phones which means you have to check before you implement any new switches routers and so on into your network because losing you PC's for two hours is bad but losing phones AND PC's for the same amount of time is the reason people get fired for.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

The near future will be VOIP and SIP plus sinlge number reach.
Single number reach of the correct person, when calling to his/her direct number, the person will answer the call at the SIP hard phone, SIP softphone, GSM/GPRS mobile phone with at mobile client/softphone installed or any of the new dual mobile phones that use WIFI(SIP)/GSM.
Of course all these "items" can be programmed to ring at the same time...
///doktor

Thank you all for the great replies.

What are the advantages of SIP over H.323?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back